Active Release Technique, also called Active Release Therapy, is the gold standard treatment in the identification of muscle, ligaments and joint adhesions and precise treatment delivery of these areas to reduce said restrictions.
Also known as ART, Active Release Technique has been around for more than 30 years and has continued to evolve and fine tune its methodologies to serve people.
Our Coquitlam certified Chiropractors have hundreds of hours of training for superior palpation skills, identification of muscle, nerve and joint adhesions and they know very well how to release muscles adhesion to result in superior tissue movement and glide.
An Active Release Technique Chiropractor will know exactly where adhesions in your muscles are located, can pinpoint them and through a series of movements, will assist in releasing such adhesions.
What Conditions Can Be Treated with ART?
Active Release Technique (ART) is a manual therapy focused on treating soft tissue restrictions like adhesions, scar tissue, and muscle tension. It aims to improve range of motion, reduce pain, and enhance performance. Here are some of the conditions that can potentially benefit from ART:
- Overuse Injuries: Muscle strains, tendonitis, bursitis, tennis elbow, golfer’s elbow, shin splints, plantar fasciitis.
- Joint Pain: Pain in the neck, back, shoulders, knees, ankles, and other joints.
- Repetitive Strain Injuries: Carpal tunnel syndrome, trigger finger, and other conditions resulting from repetitive motions.
- Post-surgical Adhesions: Scar tissue causing pain or limited mobility after surgery.
- Sports Injuries: Sprains, strains, and other soft tissue injuries sustained during sports activities.
- Headaches and Migraines: Some types of headaches and migraines might be linked to neck and muscle tension, potentially benefiting from ART treatment.
- Postural Problems: ART can help address muscle imbalances and improve posture, potentially easing discomfort and supporting better alignment.
Benefits of Active Release Chiropractic Technique
Categorized under a chiropractic treatment method, Active Release Therapy aka ART can benefit your body in several ways. Some of the positive results patients will get from Active Release Technique are:
Suffering from Adhesion of Muscles?
Our ART Chiropractors and Muscle Adhesion Specialists are here to help!
What is Muscle Adhesion?
Muscle adhesions also known as muscle trigger points or muscle knots are areas of tissues where muscles are adhered against surrounding connective tissues and have lost their normal glide.
For example, imagine layers of skin and muscle that are supposed to glide freely for optimal movement. If these two layers are stuck against each other, they will restrict proper movement at that specific site and may even involve surrounding tissues, impacting their movements as well.
ART Sessions Don't Need a Doctor's Referral
Schedule Your Treatment Session with Our Chiropractors Now!
Fulcrum Therapy ART Sessions
ART is considered continuing education training, which means only accredited providers such as physiotherapists, chiropractors, and RMTs (Registered Massage Therapists) and others can enroll in these courses and become certified.
Continuing education courses are offered at various times throughout the year, and our practitioner, Dr. Kimiya, has completed her full body certifications in Active Release Technique (ART) and is ready to serve you. To start receiving Active Release Therapy, just book an appointment Dr. Sabbaghan, and start your healing journey.