Pilates has been around for nearly 100 years and continues to rise in popularity more than ever. And there is a good reason for that: it works!
It is a form of exercise that uses specific cues to movement and breathing to build strength and flexibility, specifically around the core.
The movements isolate specific muscle groups to give the body more resilience, aid in the overall alignment of joints, improve posture and create an improved sense of body awareness. You may find yourself walking straighter and sturdier with improved confidence!
What Are the Benefits of Pilates?
- Improve muscle tone and endurance
- Improve overall flexibility and functional capacity
- Improve posture and joint mobility and alignment
- Help with overall joint alignment and reduce muscle tension
- Help reduce the recurrence of acute low back pain and help with chronic low back pain
- Pelvic floor strengthening and endurance training
Conditions that Can Be Treated with Pilates
- Pre and Post-natal rehab to rebuild your core strength
- Acute and chronic low back pain
- Neck pain and stiffness
- Soft tissue damage including Whiplash
- Posture correction and awareness
- Pelvic floor pain and hip pain
- Post-operative surgery such as hip or knee replacement rehabilitation
Does Pilates Work for Everyone?
Pilates is extremely versatile. Meaning almost anybody can benefit from it, whether you are male or female, young or old, out of shape or athletic.
Book Your Pilates Session with Our Trainer.
Mat vs. Reformer Pilates
There are two ways that it can be practiced and taught. One method is using the Reformer, a special apparatus that opens the possibilities of doing hundreds of exercises against resistance, the second method is floor-based Pilates, performed on a mat.
Each form has its own unique advantages. The mat allows one to gain familiarity with the principles of core bracing, breathing and engagement. The Reformer makes it easier to move through the range of motion against resistance.
We have created 3 Pilates options for you to choose from:
Perfect for those who want to try Pilates for the first time!
Perfect for those who are not sure if they were doing the Pilates exercises properly!
Duet Classes 2:1
Perfect for those who want to be with a friend or family!
Fulcrum Therapy Pilates Packages
Packages we provide at our clinic include:
Intro Package (3 sessions total) – for New Patients Only
This intro package is perfect for those who want to try Pilates for the first time at an affordable rate. These sessions are offered either 1:1 or 2:1 (bring a friend along) and will teach you the fundamentals of Pilates.
Our intro to Pilates is a great option because you learn:
- What Pilates is and what it can do for you.
- The fundamental of proper breathing and core activation as it applies to exercise.
- Where you are in your fitness and strength journey and learn the fundamentals for strength training and core activation that you can apply to any exercise in the future.
|Class Type||Private 1:1||Semi private 2:1 (Price per person)|
|Intro class (1 class)||$70||$55|
|Intro package (3 classes)||$180 ( $60/class)||$140 ( $47/class)|
** If you like to purchase any of our packages, book a session online and mention the package you like to purchase by calling us or emailing us. We will adjust your session type and price accordingly.
Intimidated to Try Something New for the First Time?
Take advantage of our discounts and book your Pilates training session now!
1:1 Private Pilates Class
If you have ever done a Pilates class, you may have experienced feeling overwhelmed or confused because you were not sure if you were engaging your core properly or doing the exercise correctly.
This is perfect for those who are looking for a 1:1 exercise and fitness oriented class that incorporates Pilates for beginners to advanced.
The 1:1 Private classes are perfect for those who are:
- Nervous about exercise and trying Pilates for the first time. You get our undivided attention and work with a Pilates expert.
- Help you find your deep core muscles and learn to integrate this activation using Pilates based exercises both on the mat as well as on the reformer.
- Learn how to exercise using correct form and develop the knowledge, stamina and strength to prevent injuries from happening in the future.
- Improve your posture and feel the joy of seeing your muscle definition develop over time.
Want to Try a More Hands-on Personal Approach to Pilates that Is Tailored to Your Individual Needs?
Duet 2:1 Semi Private Classes
These classes are great for those who:
- Want to try Pilates but need a little extra encouragement from a friend or a family member.
- Wanting to help motivate each other and set new fitness goals and milestones using a professional’s expertise and support. It’s like hiring a private fitness coach.
- This option is a great way to either try Pilates for the first time or further develop your understanding, strength and expertise using a combination of Pilates reformer and mat with your workout partner. The duet classes are split between using the reformer and mat Pilates between the two participants.
|1:1 Private classes||2:1 Semi Private Classes (Prices are per person)|
|1x Pilates class||$80||$50|
|5 Pilates class package||$72 ($360 for 5 classes)||$47 ($235 for 5 classes)|
|10 Pilates class package||$68 ($680 for 10 classes)||$43 ($430 for 10 classes)|
|20 Pilates class package||$65 ($1300 for 20 classes)||$40 ($800 for 20 classes)|
- All Pilates classes are 50 minutes long. Please arrive 10 minutes early.
- Please note all Pilates Packages purchased are non refundable.
- All prices are subject to GST
- All packages expire by August 31, 2023 (Summer promotion)
Why Choose Fulcrum Pilates Training Sessions?
There are multiple 1-1 private Pilates training classes available out there. However, not all are the same.
- We are expert practitioners from all backgrounds and see a wide variety of patients daily at our clinic.
- Our Pilates educator and teacher is also a registered Kinesiologist with an in-depth understanding on the fundamental principles of exercise and rehabilitation.
- We are experts at understanding injuries, injury healing as well as injury prevention and will teach you the tools you need to succeed.
- We will hold you accountable and motivate you to allow you to reach your goals faster.
- We help you overcome any fear or anxiety that you may have around exercise and fitness. After all, they are just inhibiting thoughts and with our expert help, you can break out of it and reach a new fitness goal for yourself.
- This allows us to be experts at understanding injuries as well as roadblocks that can happen and prevent you from reaching your wellness goals.
- We are compassionate practitioners who work collaboratively and will not leave you feeling like you are alone in your journey to healing and recovery.
Want to Participate in Our Pilates Training Sessions?
Don’t waste time and book with us now!